[CentOS] Problems With Booting CentOS on Dell T7910

Tue Apr 18 21:29:37 UTC 2017
Paul E. Virgo <Paul.E.Virgo at nasa.gov>

Hello!

Does anyone have any experience with installing CentOS 6 (specfically,
6.8), on a Dell T7910? I've tried at least a dozen installs, everything
gets configured, and when I have the system reboot, I get 'No boot
device found press any key to reboot the machine'. In BIOS, I've enabled
AHCI, Legacy boot and modes, and enabled the SAS controller. The disks
are seen and written to. It uses a MPT SAS3 RAID controller, and I've
even specified a 'diskdrive' statement pointing to the known drivers for
the controller, and still nothing. This system is listed as compatible,
but I don't know. Any suggestions or help appreciated..

--
Paul E Virgo
Sr. System Administrator