[CentOS] OT: systemd Poll

Tue Apr 11 16:11:19 UTC 2017

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 09:02:45AM -0700, Bruce Ferrell wrote:
> How about over 30 and it took me a week?  No, I don't carry a CS
> degree or cert of any kind either, just some high school.
>
> For me, systemd has been an absolute nightmare of unexpected reboots
> and non-transparently broken processes with just plain bad
> implementations crammed onto my system.  Faster boot they said,
> except it ISN'T faster now, it's slower and MUCH more difficult to
> sort through to find out why with it's monolithic architecture and
> poor documentation.
>
> It wasn't broken before.  What was being fixed?

I feel like this conversation has reached the "lets just keep
repeating FUD about systemd" stage and probably won't progress in a
useful direction.

Maybe we should just jump right to the end that we always have each
time this comes up.  systemd is the death of linux and you're leaving
for FreeBSD/devuan/whatever.  Lets just move along now.