[CentOS] OT: systemd Poll

Tue Apr 11 16:48:59 UTC 2017
Leroy Tennison <leroy at datavoiceint.com>

Interesting that you should cite Stallman because freedom is an issue here, we've been reduced to Microsoft when it comes to init.  We've lost most of our flexibility with no option to choose piecemeal what we want and don't want.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Holway" <andrew.holway at gmail.com>
To: "centos" <centos at centos.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2017 9:50:02 AM
Subject: Re: [CentOS] OT: systemd Poll

>  I'd much rather have a bash script to look at-- and manually step through.

Is that a joke? Bash is an almighty impenetrable nightmare. I've been doing
*nix for nearly 10 years and *still* am unable to read anything vaguely
complicated in bash whereas I can write fairly decent python after 6
months. From my point of view SystemD is amazing I can write a 6 line
service file for my apps and it *just works* and I don't have to think
about it anymore.

What is it about SystemD that brings out the Richard Stallman in everyone?