[CentOS] Network Manager / CentOS 7 / local unbound

Wed Apr 12 09:15:20 UTC 2017
Alice Wonder <alice at domblogger.net>

I think configuring NetworkManager not to touch it is the right solution.

Unless there are cases where NetworkManager ignores its configuration
but I haven't seen those.

A fancier solution might be to have some kind of systemd script that
rewrites it if and only if the unbound daemon has successfully started
and I thought about looking in to doing that, but that means if the
unbound daemon for some reason doesn't start, it would be using the less
secure ISP provided DNS resolution and I'd rather have it fail so I know
there's a problem and can investigate.