[CentOS] email subject length issue

Thu Apr 13 03:11:57 UTC 2017
Kenneth Porter <shiva at sewingwitch.com>

--On Wednesday, April 12, 2017 1:43 PM -0700 John R Pierce
<pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:

>> procmail: Assigning "SUBJECT= Tornado Monday, 03/27/2017 at 20:27:02. The
>> Point BB.OBSURGRH is"
>
> sounds like your issue is procmail then...  I just used your exact
> command to send myself a message form a bone stock C6 system (sendmail as
> the email server) and recieved...

Procmail unfolds headers. Could it be the logging that's truncating the
subject? Where is that "Assigning" output coming from? You could dump the
SUBJECT variable to a file to see what it really thinks is in there.

<http://pm-doc.sourceforge.net/doc/#headers_are_unfolded_before_matching>

<http://porkmail.org/era/mail/procmail-debug.html>

---