[CentOS] Apache + SSL: default configuration rated "C" by Qualys Labs

Sat Apr 29 13:10:04 UTC 2017
Walter H. <Walter.H at mathemainzel.info>

On 26.04.2017 08:58, Nicolas Kovacs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently experimenting with a public server running CentOS 7. I
> have half a dozen production servers all running Slackware Linux, and I
> intend to progressively migrate them to CentOS, for a host of reasons
> (support cycle, package availability, SELinux, etc.) But before doing
> that, I have to figure out a few things that work differently under
> CentOS. Apache and SSL behave quite differently under these two
> distributions.
>
> So far, Apache is running fine with HTTP and hosts a series of virtual
> hosts.
>
> I have installed Certbot and created a Let's Encrypt certificate for the
> server.
>
> I have a "dummy" website under /var/www/html/default/html.
>
> I installed mod_ssl and only edited the following directives in
> /etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf. I kept the default options for everything else.
>
> --8<------------------------------------------------
> DocumentRoot "/var/www/html/default/html"
> ServerName sd-41893.dedibox.fr:443
> SSLCertificateFile /etc/letsencrypt/live/sd-41893.dedibox.fr/cert.pem
> SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/letsencrypt/live/sd-41893.dedibox.fr/privkey.pem
> SSLCertificateChainFile
> /etc/letsencrypt/live/sd-41893.dedibox.fr/fullchain.pem
> --8<------------------------------------------------
>
> After restarting Apache, the website shows up correctly.
>
> https://sd-41893.dedibox.fr/
>
> But when I test it using Qualys SSL Labs Server Test, the results are a
> disappointment.

with this:

SSLProtocol all -SSLv2 -SSLv3

SSLCipherSuite
'EECDH+ECDSA+AESGCM:EECDH+aRSA+AESGCM:EECDH+ECDSA:EECDH:EDH+AESGCM:EDH:ECDH+AESGCM:ECDH+AES:ECDH:AES:HIGH:MEDIUM:!SSLv2:+SSLv3:!3DES:!RC4:!MD5:!IDEA:!SEED:!aNULL:!eNULL:!LOW:!EXP:!DSS:!PSK:!SRP'

SSLHonorCipherOrder on
SSLStrictSNIVHostCheck on

you get Grade A+