[CentOS] What replaces the "grub" command

Dave Cross

davorg at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 08:01:30 UTC 2017

I recently had a failing disk replaced in my colo server. The server
is running Centos 7.3.

After the replacement, I was following these instructions to rebuild
the RAID array that the disk was part of.

https://help.1and1.co.uk/servers-c40665/dedicated-server-linux-c40577/rescue-and-recovery-c40581/rebuild-the-software-raid-array-after-a-drive-replacement-a729756.html

Everything went fine until I reached the final section ("Grub Setup").
This section talks about running a command line program called "grub"
to change the Grub configuration. And that program doesn't seem to be
installed on this server.

I admit that my knowledge of Grub is somewhat lacking. I know that
Centos 7 uses Grub2 rather than the original Grub, but I don't know
what replaced the "grub" command (or perhaps nothing replaced it and I
just need to install a missing RPM).

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks,

Dave...

Dave Cross :: dave at dave.org.uk
http://dave.org.uk/