[CentOS] What replaces the "grub" command

Dave Cross davorg at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 10:07:44 UTC 2017

On 8 August 2017 at 10:56, Scott Robbins <scottro11 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 08, 2017 at 09:01:30AM +0100, Dave Cross wrote:
>> I recently had a failing disk replaced in my colo server. The server
>> is running Centos 7.3.
>>
>> After the replacement, I was following these instructions to rebuild
>> the RAID array that the disk was part of.
>>
>> https://help.1and1.co.uk/servers-c40665/dedicated-server-linux-c40577/rescue-and-recovery-c40581/rebuild-the-software-raid-array-after-a-drive-replacement-a729756.html
>>
>> Everything went fine until I reached the final section ("Grub Setup").
>> This section talks about running a command line program called "grub"
>> to change the Grub configuration. And that program doesn't seem to be
>> installed on this server.
>>

> grub2 install /dev/sda
> grub2 install /dev/sdb
>
> should do it, assuming the two actual physical disks are seen as
> /dev/sda and /dev/sdb

Thanks. That's what my independent research was showing me too.

I assume it's already installed to /dev/sda (as it was sdb which was
recently replaced and the system is rebooting quite happily). Is there
a command that shows which disks already have Grub2 installed?

Dave...

Dave Cross :: dave at dave.org.uk
http://dave.org.uk/
@davorg