[CentOS] Acroread9 crash in CentOS7

wwp

subscript at free.fr
Tue Aug 8 21:13:02 UTC 2017

Hello,

I'm getting a crash with acroread on my CentOS7 (AdobeReader_enu-9.5.5-1.i486).
I install the official rpms from ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/unix/,
tried 9.5.5, and former v9, v8, v7.

/usr/bin/acroread loads well, but when you click a menu, bang. Same if
you start acroread w/ a .pdf filename in parameter, the window opens up
then crashes.

I modified the acroread script to run the binary from within gdb, I get
this:

 0xf5437cee in compute_face () from /lib/libcairo.so.2

Unfortunately, the system completely hangs when it happens (acroread
from gdb) and I must kill acroread from a tty, so I cannot get a more
detailed backtrace for now.

Is that something somebody here already saw?

Regards,

--
wwp