[CentOS] Custom kickstart post section on usb thumbdrive

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Mon Aug 14 18:18:49 UTC 2017

On Mon, 14 Aug 2017, Jerry Geis wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am attempting to create a custom USB drive for kickstart install.
> [... much snippage ...]
> But I would also like to create a custom directory on the ISO and
> put some files in there for a custom POST section.
>
> I was not able to find an example with a custom POST section on the
> ISO. Anyone have any examples?

The trouble I think you'll encounter is that the %post section of the
kickstart operation is chroot-ed into the new system. You won't be
able to see the original ISO, as far as I know.

The %pre section is *not* run in the chroot environment, but it's run
prior to partitioning the system disk, so I don't know how you'd copy
files unless you did all your partitioning in %pre, reserving one
partition for your %post data.

I think what I'd do is create and install a custom rpm with the data
files you want available during %post. Of course, that means you'll
have to hack the repo on your USB drive, so it's not really a
lightweight solution.

--
Paul Heinlein <> heinlein at madboa.com <> https://www.madboa.com/