[CentOS] more questions on setting up autofs on C7

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 20:59:23 UTC 2017

On 08/23/2017 01:06 PM, Fred Smith wrote:
> so, the two lines saying: Key "syno-fredex" or key "syno-public"
> appear whenever I try to access one of those two filesystems. I AM NOT
> USING AUTOFS TO MANAGE THEM.

You're using autofs to manage /mnt, so any time that *any* process
attempts to access /mnt/syno-fredex or /mnt/syno-public, you'll get
those errors.  That's how autofs works: access attempts in an autofs
managed directory get passed to autofs, which looks at its maps to
determine how to mount the path being accessed. The error you see is
autofs telling you that something is trying to access "syno-fredex"
under /mnt, but it doesn't have a map indicating how to mount a
filesystem in a directory of that name.