[CentOS] Lenovo T460p post 7.4 CR possible problems

mad.scientist.at.large at tutanota.com mad.scientist.at.large at tutanota.com
Sat Aug 26 19:18:34 UTC 2017

might also use many of the nice gui applications, i frequently use gkrellm (sp?) if i suspect a problem or just want a good idea of everything happening (it also shows all drive activity per partition, network info, etc. including all the temperature sensors it can fine.  alternately you might try a recent veraion of "hiren's" utilities, easy to find for download, very, very usefull and it include utilities to load the processor and heat it up to check stability.  then again, i know the cd for windows xp and the installer are a good check aswell, if stability is marginal the installer will repeatedly fail in the same place when it's decompressing all the files which is of course a lot of math, and math makes cpus run hotter.  lm sensors is always one of the first things i install, then you can also watch drive temps in the panel.  after you install lm_sensors you need to run , i believe, sensors-detect with root privalages so it can prob for all the sensors, there are a lot of little known busses in most machines and it tries to search them all looking for sensors.  though i don't know how to monitor the fan sensors.

--
The Power Of the People Is Stronger Than The People In Charge.

26. Aug 2017 13:05 by vychytraly at gmail.com: