[CentOS] rkhunter and prelink

m.roth at 5-cent.us

Wed Aug 30 15:15:11 UTC 2017

Can't remember if I posted this before... We're getting warnings from
rkhunterWarning: Checking for prerequisites               [ Warning ]
   All file hash checks will be skipped because:
   This system uses prelinking, but the hash function command does not
look like SHA1 or MD5.

Now, googling, I find people saying to rm /etc/prelink.cache, then run
rkhunter --propupd.

Works. And then, prelink runs in the middle of the night, via
/etc/cron.daily, and when the cron job of rkhunter runs, it's back to
complaining.

Anyone have any ideas what's going on here? I don't see anything in the
prelink.conf, or any options in the prelink manpage to tell is what hash
to use.

     mark