[CentOS] Problem with SNMP rpm

Sat Aug 19 21:22:16 UTC 2017
Lucas Dutra <lucasdutraveiga3 at gmail.com>

Hello everyone,

Im trying to configure SNMP to use Kerberos authentication, but im having
some trouble. The standard package of snmp dont have the kerberos module
included, then i needed to create a new package. So i found the last centos
snmp source rpm, version "net-snmp-5.7.2-24.el7_3.2.x86_64", and modified
the .spec file to generate a new rpm with the kerberos module.

But in the middle of compilation process, this happens:

*checking for security modules to use...  ksm usm*

*checking for krb5-config... /bin/krb5-config*

*checking for krb5... checking for krb5_init_context in -lkrb5... yes*

*yes*

*checking for heimdal... no*

*checking to see which crypto API we need to use... checking for
krb5_c_encrypt... yes*

*(cached) old MIT crypto API*

This "old MIT crypto API" dont happen if i use the same configuration with
the standard snmp tar.gz And that is the problem, i need to receive "new
MIT crypto API" to work. I have the Kerberos properly installed and running.

Sorry if this looks confusing, but what im trying to say is that i guess
this rpm is broken and need update. I used the same configuration with the
rpm and the tar.gz . The tar.gz worked and the rpm didn't. This problem is
for the ksm module, not the entire rpm is broken.

Someone know who i cant contact to warn about this?  Or if there is a new
version out there.
I searched for a new version but i didn't find anything. I used the 5.7.2
rpm and 5.7.3 tar.gz

Thanks for the attention.
Lucas.