[CentOS] Fedora bugs and EOL [was Re: CentOS users: please try and provide feedback on Fedora] Boltron

Wed Aug 2 12:04:54 UTC 2017
hw <hw at gc-24.de>

Jonathan Billings wrote:

>> On Jul 28, 2017, at 1:56 PM, hw <hw at gc-24.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Many bugs are fixed in Fedora. Many more bugs are fixed in the
>>> upstreams. Please remember that Fedora is primarily an *integration*
>>> project, and the best way to get bugs fixed is for the developers of
>>> the code in question to be involved. Many Fedora maintainers help
>>> facilitate this for users, which is awesome, but the sheer number of
>>> bugs exceeds what even our large contributor community can address.
>>
>> Contributions are usually not wanted, despite what all projects tell
>> you.  I have given up trying to make any and keep things to myself
>> instead.
>
> With that attitude, nothing would ever be fixed.  I understand you are frustrated, but feedback and bug reports are one of the best way to help open source projects.

That´s what I thought, and it may still be true.  Unfortunately, feedback,
bug reports and even fixes and improvements experience so much unkindness
or ignorance in their reception that I´m better off finding a different
solution or fixing the bug myself, with very few exceptions.

IIRC, Matthew who started this thread gave an overly perfect example of,
mildly said, unkindness, on the Fedora mailing list.  All the more it is
surprising to see him asking for feedback yet again after he made clear
that feedback is genuinely not wanted, and even employed fashist methods
to supress it when he received feedback he didn´t like.

Just wait and see how he will like the feedback he´s getting here ...