[CentOS] Fedora bugs and EOL [was Re: CentOS users: please try and provide feedback on Fedora] Boltron

Fri Aug 4 12:10:31 UTC 2017
Leon Fauster <leonfauster at googlemail.com>

Am 03.08.2017 um 15:55 schrieb Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>:

> On Thu, Aug 03, 2017 at 03:25:36PM +0200, hw wrote:
>>> In all honesty, I wouldn't want Libreoffice running in a container
>>> and I can't imagine why you'd want an xterm in its own container.
>> It was only an example.  The point of doing that is to use different versions of
>> xterm and of emacs as come by default.  How else would I do that when non-default
>> versions of packages require their own container each?
>
> I think what you're looking for here is Flatpak.

Just a off-topic question (maybe in the future of EL less off-topic);
Does the concept of flatpak make updates in general more complicated
(e.g. security issues in libraries)? The centralized concept of "shared
libraries" does support by design the elimination of issues with "one"
update. The flatpak approach implies that "every" flatpak packaged
software must be updated individually, right? I hope that i got it right?

Thanks,
LF