[CentOS] Centos 7 specific cure for Spamassassin DNS lookup problem

Thu Aug 10 14:37:31 UTC 2017
Paul Heinlein <heinlein at madboa.com>

On Thu, 10 Aug 2017, Gary Stainburn wrote:

> I have the following error message in my /var/log/spamd
>
> spf: lookup failed: available_nameservers: No DNS servers available!
>
> Having Googled the error message I've found a number of responses
> which involve patching Perl or Spamassassin or other cures.
>
> Before I start changing things I was wondering if there was a Centos
> 7 specific resolution. Where possible, on production machines I
> prefer to stay with RPM's rather than amending software directly.

I run SpamAssassin on CentOS 7; the SPF plugin is loaded via
/etc/mail/spamassassin/init.pre. I have no trouble with spf at all.

Is it possible the problem is with local DNS resolution?

--
Paul Heinlein <> heinlein at madboa.com <> https://www.madboa.com/