[CentOS] Kernel:[Hardware Error]: use of vacuum

Sun Aug 13 17:24:18 UTC 2017
Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

On Sun, Aug 13, 2017 at 08:18:24AM -0400, ken wrote:
> On 08/12/2017 07:24 PM, Fred Smith wrote:
> >Well. overheating is possible... we don't live in the cleanest possible
> >house, AND we have cats. so, in general I open up this box twice a year
> >and vacuum out the house dirt and cat fuzzies. I'm probably overdue for
> >this task.
>
> Cleaning is a good thing to do, but not with a vacuum... the vacuum
> could loosen components, even make them disappear.  Much better
> would be to use a blower or bellows of some kind.

thanks for the reminder.

I don't actually use a vacuum, I was just being, er, loose with my
terminology. I use a can of compressed "air" where possible, remove
fans on heatsinks and blow or wipe/brush out the clogs, remove the
inlet filters and wash 'em. I get amazing amounts of cat fur.

    community.
 --Roger Ebert, December, 1996