[CentOS] Centos 7 specific cure for Spamassassin DNS lookup problem

Mon Aug 14 15:51:35 UTC 2017
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

On 08/14/2017 01:38 AM, Gary Stainburn wrote:
> I will add the code, although updating RPM contents is one of the things I was
> trying to avoid.

"systemctl edit" creates a "drop-in" that overrides a portion of the
vendor-provided file.  It exists specifically to avoid editing
rpm-provided files.

>    Having said that, I have restarted the service after bootup
> has completed and this does not fix the problem.

Well, that error can also be caused by Net::DNS being unable to parse
/etc/resolv.conf, or the spamassassin force_ipv4 or force_ipv6 setting
with no DNS servers of that address family.

What does your /etc/resolv.conf look like?

You might also try starting spamd manually, and adding "-D dns" to the
arguments currently used.  That will log a good deal of additional
information about the DNS configuration, and you should be able to
figure out where spamd is getting its DNS servers (configuration or
Net::DNS).