[CentOS] fcitx-anthy request (for Japanese users)

Fri Aug 18 14:19:13 UTC 2017
H <agents at meddatainc.com>

On 08/15/2017 03:55 PM, Scott Robbins wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 02:49:16PM -0400, H wrote:
>> On 08/05/2017 02:45 PM, H wrote:
>>> On 08/05/2017 12:10 PM, Scott Robbins wrote:
>>>
>> I am pleased to report that I now have fcitx working in terminal windows, geany, firefox, thunderbird and LibreOffice, i.e., my main apps. I am now able to switch between two western keyboards and pinyin.
>>
> Great, glad to hear it.  Thanks for following up. ;)

One more issue: while I can now switch between the two western keyboards and pinyin in the applications I use, as soon as I move between entry fields the keyboard selection resets to the default. Very annoying when you are using a second-choice western keyboard in an application and the keyboard selection constantly resets as you move between entry fields.

The pinyin setting, on the other hand, remains as chosen which is the expected behavior. I use the default Ctrl-Space to activate/deactivate pinyin and right Ctrl-right Shift to move between the keyboard settings.

Given the absence of a graphical configuration tool for fcitx in CentOS I am not sure where/how I can change the behavior for keyboard selection so that it does not change within any given application. Scott, do you know?

Thank you.