[CentOS] Centos 7 Install

Sun Aug 20 16:35:29 UTC 2017
Pete Biggs <pete at biggs.org.uk>

Sorry for the late reply, I had to go away.

> > > It's where tracker extracts files.
> > >
> > > Google for "centos7 tracker disable"
> > >
> > > I suspect the lu*.tmp directories are from when tracker uses LO to
> > > extract and index documents.
> > >
> > > If you don't use, or want to use, tracker, then disable tracker.
> > >
> > > P.
> >
> > Hmm. was unaware of tracker-etc. what are these indexes used for?
> > I can't think of anything I do on the system that would need to know
> > all bout some arbitrary file somewhere on the filesysystem, so why
> > would this be useful?
> >
> > thanks in advance!
> >
> > Fred
>
> A more interesting question would be: Where would one go to completely
> STOP these files from being created / cached / logged / stored etc?

Well, the answer I gave above is relevant:

   'Google for "centos7 tracker disable"'

Primarily you install the 'tracker-preferences' package via yum and use
that to configure what tracker does.

But in all honesty I've never found tracker to be intrusive after the
initial scan.

P.