[CentOS] more questions on setting up autofs on C7

Wed Aug 23 19:03:12 UTC 2017
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

On 08/21/2017 07:23 PM, Fred Smith wrote:
> so, in my case, the USB drive contains an xfs filesystem. would I
> do something like this:
>
> in /etc/auto.master:
> backup /etc/auto.backup
>
> and in /etc/auto.backup
> backup -fstype=xfs,defaults,noauto,users :UUID=09bfc97a-8db2-46de-b4dd-427da19b114

In auto.master, the first field is a directory, so it should be "/backup".

Debian's documentation says you shouldn't need to prefix UUID with a
':', so remove that from auto.backup if the configuration you described
doesn't work.  Alternatively, you could specify its location as
":/dev/disk/by-uuid/<the disk id>".