[CentOS] Updated Apache httpd packages?

Thu Aug 24 12:31:57 UTC 2017
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 08/24/2017 06:57 AM, Rainer Traut wrote:

> Am 23.08.2017 um 16:31 schrieb Johnny Hughes:

>>> You can switch to Oracle Linux, 7.4 is out for weeks now.
>>
>> Anyone who wants to switch to Oracle Linux .. have at it.
>>
>> PS - it has only been 3 weeks since the RHEL release .. and I expect
>> that the CR release will happen some time today.
>
> What's the problem with Oracle Linux?
> Isn't it compatible?

I am not going to get into an open source flame war concerning any
companies or bad mouth the work of anyone else.  This is not the list
for it.  I would think people could do a google search on mariadb,
LibreOffice, and find the reason they forked from what they were before
to what they are now.

The CentOS Project is a community driven project.  All our other major
content besides the Linux OS (Special Interest Groups, the documentation
project, the Community Build sytem, our CI system) is all based on
community participation and much of it run by community members.  If you
are not looking for a community based project and loads of community
added content, then CentOS Linux might indeed not be the best fit for
your needs.