[CentOS] Broadcom BCM4352 on Centos 7

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 18:50:06 UTC 2017

On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 2:14 AM, Gary Stainburn <gary at ringways.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Folks
>
> I'm trying to get my internal WiFi working and I'm following the
> instructions
> here:
>
> https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Laptops/Wireless/Broadcom
>
> My adaptor is:
>
> [gary at gary ~]$ lspci|grep Broad
> 08:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Limited BCM4352 802.11ac Wireless
> Network
> Adapter (rev 03)
> [gary at gary ~]$
>
> However, I've failed at step 2 as I cannot find any Linux / STA / WL
> drivers
> when I search the support page linked.
>
> Can anyone suggest how I can fix this, or suggest another web page I can
> follow?

​As far as I know, the contents on the CentOS wiki are for CentOS 7.3 (or
earlier) and a patch is needed to use the driver under 7.4.

You may want to go to the ELRepo article that is referenced on that page (
http://elrepo.org/tiki/wl-kmod
​ )​. The ELRepo instructions are up to date and should cover EL7.4.

Akemi