[CentOS] upgrading python

Clint Dilks clintd at scms.waikato.ac.nz
Mon Dec 11 22:43:30 UTC 2017

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 11:31 AM, <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:

> Pete Biggs wrote:
> > On Mon, 2017-12-11 at 15:44 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:

> >> ~/.bashrc
> >>
> > No. I'm not entirely sure that is a good idea! No, not all.
> >
> > 'scl enable python27 bash' creates a *new* shell with the correct
> > environment.  As each invocation of bash reads .bashrc, it will also
> > create another new shell which will then read .bashrc and create
> > another shell ....
> >
> > Depending on the speed of your machine and disks and how much memory
> > you have, it will take a few seconds to a few minutes to grind your
> > machine to a halt.
>
> The simplest way is to . <path/to/python2.7/enable, and you're good to go.
>
>       mark

I definitely wouldn't make it the default python, but I have made it the
default for a particular user as long as they are not root.

In the past I have got python27-mod_wsgi and httpd24-httpd working together
by doing things like httpd24-httpd by doing things like

cat /opt/rh/httpd24/root/etc/sysconfig/httpd

export PATH=/opt/rh/python27/root/usr/bin:$PATH
export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/rh/python27/root/usr/lib64${LD_LIBRARY_PATH:+:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}}