[CentOS] LUKS question

Kern, Thomas (CONTR) Thomas.Kern at hq.doe.gov
Wed Dec 13 13:11:19 UTC 2017

If your requirement is for the entire system to be encrypted then I think the only is a system rebuild, but if you can convince management that a good compromise is encrypting only the applications and their data, you should be able to add encrypted storage, copy the sensitive files and wipe the old allocations. I have done this for a test system encrypting a MySQL database instance and a web server instance, in anticipation of an "encrypted at rest" directive coming down from management.

--
Thomas Kern
Senior VM Systems Programmer/Linux Systems Administrator
Thomas.Kern at hq.doe.gov
--
A subtlety of Murphy's Law:
If it can go wrong, it already has,