[CentOS] Accessing crashed disk

martin.wagner at mailbit.io

Wed Dec 13 21:31:25 UTC 2017

Hi

I have a Centos server that crashed, it would no longer boot. I thought it was the disk with the OS that was the problem so I bought a new one and did a fresh install and now the computer is again up and running. But I'm having problems with accessing the old failed disk. I can see it with gnome-disk-utility and it says that the disk is OK but has 8 bad sectors. I can mount the boot partition from it and I can decrypt the main partition. But then I can see no way to mount the main partition. It is a LVM physical volume.

Any advice?