[CentOS] Traffic shaping on CentOS

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Fri Dec 15 22:25:30 UTC 2017

On 12/15/2017 4:10 AM, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> I don't know your full requirements, but in the past for simple QoS gw I
> used FireQOS
> It's part ofhttps://firehol.org/  , but can be used without firehol so
> in parallel of your own iptables rules

That looks nice. It appears to be a declarative front-end to tc that
eliminates some of the boilerplate like setting defaults.

The gateway is for a small business and I don't want shell and remote
desktop sessions to come to a crawl because someone's
uploading/downloading/mailing a big CAD file to a customer/vendor, or
because several are watching Youtube videos.