[CentOS] broadcom and centos 7

Keith Keller

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us
Tue Dec 19 00:50:34 UTC 2017

Hi all,

A year or two ago, I installed CentOS 7.0 (or 7.1) on an old MacBook
Pro, and compiled the Broadcom drivers as documented here:

https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Laptops/Wireless/Broadcom

After not using it for a while, I recently resurrected it, and updated
to 7.4.  Unfortunately that page has not been updated in a while, so
only documents compiling for 7.3.  When I try the patch, it fails on one
of the hunks (I don't have the exact error, I can grab it later if
important).

Has anyone had success with this on CentOS 7.4, either with this
compile, or the one documented by ELRepo (which I haven't tried yet)?

https://elrepo.org/tiki/wl-kmod

--keith

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us