[CentOS] Unable to run TeamViewer 13 under Centos 7 (amd64)

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Tue Dec 19 14:25:38 UTC 2017

On 12/19/2017 07:16 AM, Manish Jain wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am writing a book about Unix (Linux / FreeBSD) and my book needs
> documentation for TeamViewer13 running under Centos 7 (64-bit).
>
> Unfortunately, running TeamViewer does not get me a GUI -- the install
> went smoothly and teamviewerd daemon is running.
>
> This happens only under Centos. Under Manjaro, the same tarball
> (teamviewer_13.0.5494_amd64.tar.xz) gets me a nice TeamViewer window.
> But I need documentation for Centos.
>
> I have tried reinstalling via rpm (teamviewer_13.0.5693.x86_64.rpm), but
> that does not improve things. With the teamviewer command, I just get
> "Launching TeamViewer GUI" - but nothing actually happens after that.
>
> Can anyone please help me fix the issue ?

https://download.teamviewer.com/download/linux/teamviewer.x86_64.rpm

That seems to be the CentOS 7 x86_64 version they say SHOULD work
(currently version 13.0.6634-0).

After downloading that, I did (as root):

yum install ./teamviewer.x86_64.rpm

It pulled in a bunch of qt5 dependencies.

After install, I ran:

teamviewer

it worked fine.