[CentOS] Unable to run TeamViewer 13 under Centos 7 (amd64)

Manish Jain bourne.identity at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 19 15:53:44 UTC 2017

On 12/19/17 21:17, hw wrote:
> Manish Jain wrote:

>>> https://download.teamviewer.com/download/linux/teamviewer.x86_64.rpm
>>>

>>> That seems to be the CentOS 7 x86_64 version they say SHOULD work
>>> (currently version 13.0.6634-0).
>>>
>>> After downloading that, I did (as root):
>>>
>>> yum install ./teamviewer.x86_64.rpm
>>>
>>> It pulled in a bunch of qt5 dependencies.
>>>
>>> After install, I ran:
>>>
>>> teamviewer
>>>
>>> it worked fine.
>>>

>> Hi Johnny,
>>
>> Thanks for replying.
>>
>> I seem to be having a very bad day.
>>
>> I uninstalled the old TV, and installed the version you indicated, but I
>> get nothing at all:
>>
>> /home/bourne # teamviewer
>>
>> Init...
>> CheckCPU: SSE2 support: yes
>> Checking setup...
>> Launching TeamViewer ...
>> Launching TeamViewer GUI ...
>> /home/bourne #
>>
>> I deleted ~/.config/teamviewer* and ~/.local/share/teamviewer*, but
>> still no luck.
>>
>> Is it possible that this has something to do with Centos 7 running as a
>> vm (under VirtualBox) in my box ? (But then, Manjaro vm works fine).
>
> Do you have a GUI running?

Thanks for replying.

Yes, this is under xfce4.

I had installed the qt5 deps myself via rpm. Since Johnny claims
success, the idea I get is perhaps I should let the TV rpm pull in its
own deps by itself, rather than being installed beforehand.

Do you think it might be worth for me to recreate the vm and install Qt5
indirectly via TV rpm ?

This is all a bit confounding for the user, but this is the best idea I
have.

Thanks & Regards,
Manish Jain