[CentOS] An rpmbuild spec question

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Wed Dec 27 22:29:33 UTC 2017

On Dec 27, 2017, at 15:40, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> I'm trying to build a package to create a directory and install some
> files. My rpmbuild keeps failing, unable to cd into the directory, "no
> such". Now, in the tmpfile, I *see* it cd'ing into BUILD/opt, and the
> source was unzipped and untared into BUILD/opt/smipmicfg-1.27.0. In the
> spec file, I've even added a cd $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/opt, and I see it cd to
> there... and then it says it fails cd'ing into the directory under it.
>
> I've been doing a lot of googling, but nothing seems to fix this. Anyone
> got a clue?

If you’re using %setup to untar your source, it needs to expand in with the directory name %name-%version in the %buildroot directory, unless you give %setup a -n parameter with what it is t expect. Not sure why you have a opt/ sub directory, the is the build root not the install root. I’m honestly not sure you can say %setup -n opt/smipmicfg-1.27.0.  Are you building a package that doesn’t need to be compiled?