[CentOS] Traffic shaping on CentOS

Fri Dec 15 04:24:47 UTC 2017
Kenneth Porter <shiva at sewingwitch.com>

I'm deploying a CentOS 7 box as a gateway and I'm trying to figure out how
to set up traffic shaping. Historically I've used the Wondershaper script
but apparently it's not deprecated in favor of superior queue management. I
haven't yet found a packaged solution and I'm wondering what others do to
configure this kind of thing.

Apparently the new modules are available in many appliance router products
(eg. OpenWrt and Streamboost). Perhaps someone here knows of an RPM that
wraps this up for RH-based distros?

<https://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/wiki/Smart_Queue_Management/>

Here's an article arguing why Wondershaper was great in its day but is now
bad for modern traffic flows.

<https://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/bloat/wiki/Wondershaper_Must_Die/>