[CentOS] Apache and web content permissions

Sun Dec 3 15:31:20 UTC 2017
Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Le 02/12/2017 à 16:25, Brian Mathis a écrit :
> You could write a script to open the permissions, apply updates using
> something like http://wp-cli.org/, then close the permissions again.  Run
> it through cron so you get updates in a timely manner.

This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for. I've spent a few hours
experimenting with wp-cli, and the big advantage is you are supposed to
run it as the user owning the web content, so no need to fiddle with
permissions, even temporarily.

I'm currently writing a detailed blog post about this, since it looks
like this makes my life much easier. Thanks very much !

Cheers from the sunny South of France,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Site : https://www.microlinux.fr