[CentOS] broadcom and centos 7

Wed Dec 20 04:59:43 UTC 2017
Keith Keller <kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us>

On 2017-12-19, Gary Stainburn <gary at ringways.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 December 2017 03:56:20 Keith Keller wrote:
>> On 2017-12-19, Keith Keller <kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us> wrote:
>> > https://elrepo.org/tiki/wl-kmod
>>
>> I decided to give this a go, and so far so good.  I did need to rebuild
>> the rpm after updating the kernel version from the previous one to the
>> current one, but from the page above it sounds like that's reasonably
>> expected.
>
> Keith,  have alook at the thread I started a few weeks back. It has the sothat
> worked for me.

Thanks Gary!  I should have seen that (and there was another thread
about Broadcom on the list too).  Fortunately this laptop doesn't have
Secure Boot (it's a MBP from 2010) so that didn't bite me.

I do seem to have an issue that when waking on suspend the wifi won't
come back up.  But I haven't done enough troubleshooting to provide any
helpful debugging information, and I may not care anyway (the "laptop"
is basically my desktop system).

--keith

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us