[CentOS] time zone

Richard lists-centos at listmail.innovate.net
Wed Feb 1 03:48:53 UTC 2017

> Date: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 21:38:35 -0500
> From: TE Dukes <tdukes at palmettoshopper.com>
>

> There have been no changes to the php.ini. Not sure how to output
> phpinfo to a text file for posting.
>
> System 	Linux ts130.palmettodomains.com 3.10.0-514.6.1.el7.x86_64
> #1 SMP Wed Jan 18 13:06:36 UTC 2017 x86_64
> Build Date 	Nov 6 2016 00:30:05
> Server API 	Apache 2.0 Handler
> Virtual Directory Support 	disabled
> Configuration File (php.ini) Path 	/etc
> Loaded Configuration File 	/etc/php.ini
>
> date
>
> Warning: phpinfo(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone
> settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the
> date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those
> methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely
> misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC'
> for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in
> /var/www/html/phpinfo.php on line 4
> date/time support 	enabled
> "Olson" Timezone Database Version 	0.system
> Timezone Database 	internal
> Default timezone 	UTC
>
> It is using UTC as the default time zone.
>
> This could possibly be a bug in zoneminder. Not sure. Odd that
> after almost a week, this happens.
>
> I have posted in their forum.

The phpinfo() output has nothing to do with zoneminder, it's directly
reporting the php configuration being used by apache.

Where is the php.ini that showed the America/New_York value? What is
the last modified date/time on that file, compared to the last
[re]start of the httpd on that machine?

The "date.timezone" value can be set within a php script, and that
may be relevant to zoneminder, but the phpinfo() function is getting
the system-level settings -- which come from the php.ini that is
being loaded.

It is possible that you have .ini files in /etc/php.d. I doubt that
they would be overriding the php.ini's TZ setting, but you should
check.