[CentOS] Buttons too big in Firefox for Linux

Gary Stainburn gary at ringways.co.uk
Thu Feb 2 11:01:16 UTC 2017

On Thursday 02 February 2017 10:22:19 John Hodrien wrote:
> The safe bet is, it doesn't, and it's something unique to you/your
> profile/your firefox configuration.  Have you got an example URL that
> you're saying obviously misrenders in firefox?
>
> Does it still misbehave if you run firefox in safe mode with a new profile,
> say be doing: firefox --ProfileManager --safe-mode ?
>
> jh
Most of the pages / sites that have issues are my own. Presumably this is
because I don't include a CCS Reset Stylesheet so therefore rely on the
browser defaults.

There have been other broken sites but I can't recollect any at the moment.

I'm guessnig at my problem arrises because for some reason at some point
Firefox have changed a CSS default. Very frustrating as controlling the
appearance of buttons through CSS to get exactly what you want seems very
hard.  I've managed to get the button looking right, but the text is wrong,
or the text looks right but the button is wrong.

Many people seem to have gone down the route of having clickable DIV's or A's
which from a purist point of view just seems wrong.  A button should be a
button, a link a link.