[CentOS] Spotty internet connection

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Fri Feb 3 18:08:19 UTC 2017

On 2/3/2017 3:35 AM, Steve Clark wrote:

> What kind of cable modem/gateway do you have? Just wondering because
> my 12 year old Toshiba finally
> crapped out and Spectrum gave me a new one. Its and ARRIS TG1682G and
> it only gives me a private IP not
> like the old one which gave me the public IP so I can't ssh to home
> from work anymore, so I am wondering
> how you do it?

for Comcast/Xfinity, I'm using a Arris SB6183 that I got at Costco.
this is a simple modem/bridge, so /my/ router behind it gets the public IP.

I have a spare SB6121, which is DOCSIS 3.0 up to about 130Mbps max (my
current internet is around 180Mbps).   I'd sell this for $30 + S&H,
contact me off list.