[CentOS] Rebuild gstreamer

Andreas Benzler andreas at benzlerweb.de
Tue Feb 7 22:30:05 UTC 2017

Hello Jerry,

it is a little while back, but:

First I'm analyse what the steps to do.

- Unpack the packackge rpm -i
  that place it into my home folder /home/xxx/rpmbuild

- make my changes

- rpmbuild -bs rpmbuild/SPECS/..spec (file)

. mock rpmbuild/SRPM/new.src.rpm (file) - creates a sandbox for
  build, doesn'T screw up your system.

- move it to my repo location (createrepo) or install it by

  sudo yum install "new.rpm" (because of dependency check)

Hm, that's how rpm's are build in most cases.

Sincerely

Andy

ps: yum provides /usr/bin/gst-inspect -> tells you which (current)
package.