[CentOS] Wich web browser on CentOS6 ?

Patrick Begou

Patrick.Begou at legi.grenoble-inp.fr
Fri Feb 10 11:26:14 UTC 2017

Hello

I have more and more troubles using firefox in professional environment with
CentOS6. The latest version is 45.7.0 But I can't use it anymore to access some
old server hardware (IDRAC7 of DELL C6100) because of
"/SSL_ERROR_WEAK_SERVER_CERT_KEY/".  I had to install an old Firefox32 version
to administrate these servers.

Today I upgrade the firmware of 2 DELL switch and now Firefox cannot connect to
them anymore saying:
/An error occurred during a connection to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. The server rejected
the handshake because the client downgraded to a lower TLS version than the
server supports//
//SSL_ERROR_INAPPROPRIATE_FALLBACK_ALERT

/Is there a CentOS6 recommended web browser allowing continuous connections to
olds and new base level (and local) system administration services ?

Thanks

Patrick

|  Equipe M.O.S.T.         |                                      |
|  Patrick BEGOU           | mailto:Patrick.Begou at grenoble-inp.fr |
|  LEGI                    |                                      |
|  BP 53 X                 | Tel 04 76 82 51 35                   |
|  38041 GRENOBLE CEDEX    | Fax 04 76 82 52 71                   |