[CentOS] Wich web browser on CentOS6 ?

Patrick Begou Patrick.Begou at legi.grenoble-inp.fr
Fri Feb 10 13:06:19 UTC 2017

Tru Huynh wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 12:26:14PM +0100, Patrick Begou wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I have more and more troubles using firefox in professional
>> environment with CentOS6. The latest version is 45.7.0 But I can't
>> use it anymore to access some old server hardware (IDRAC7 of DELL
>> C6100) because of "/SSL_ERROR_WEAK_SERVER_CERT_KEY/".  I had to
>> install an old Firefox32 version to administrate these servers.
>>
> Can you try: (in Firefox's about:config):
> possible workaround for SSL_ERROR_WEAK_SERVER_CERT_KEY
>      security.ssl3.dhe_rsa_aes_128_sha
>      security.ssl3.dhe_rsa_aes_256_sha
These are yet set to true.

>> Today I upgrade the firmware of 2 DELL switch and now Firefox cannot
>> connect to them anymore saying:
>> /An error occurred during a connection to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. The
>> server rejected the handshake because the client downgraded to a
>> lower TLS version than the server supports//
>> //SSL_ERROR_INAPPROPRIATE_FALLBACK_ALERT
> possible workaround for SSL_ERROR_INAPPROPRIATE_FALLBACK_ALERT
>      security.tls.version.max 3 -> 1
>
> You might want to revert for safer browsing, after.
With this setting I get SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP and I cannot connect to the
switch.
Of course I can re-activate the old firmware version of the switch, but it has a
bug I would like to solve too.....

I know that to remains compatible with old config could have security problems
but all of these devices
use dedicated ports (IDRAC, Out of band port management) on a private network
which could be easily isolated.
The idea is to have a browser dedicated to this administration (instead of
several versions/profiles)
>> /Is there a CentOS6 recommended web browser allowing continuous
>> connections to olds and new base level (and local) system
>> administration services ?
> maybe different profiles with differents security setup?
>
> Cheers
>
> Tru

Thanks all for your suggestion to find a solution or detailing your local work
around....

Patrick

|  Equipe M.O.S.T.         |                                      |
|  Patrick BEGOU           | mailto:Patrick.Begou at grenoble-inp.fr |
|  LEGI                    |                                      |
|  BP 53 X                 | Tel 04 76 82 51 35                   |
|  38041 GRENOBLE CEDEX    | Fax 04 76 82 52 71                   |