[CentOS] Licence text questions

Walter Dnes waltdnes at waltdnes.org
Sun Feb 12 19:36:43 UTC 2017

On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 10:43:39AM -0500, Jonathan Billings wrote

> The point I was making is to make the old CentOS 6.5 environment as
> a chroot.

  That's exactly my intention.  As I said in my original message...

>>  * or send out a 1.3 gigabyte centos65.tar.xz and give simple
>>    instructions to extract the archive, copy over /etc/resolv.conf,
>>    bind-mount /dev and /proc, chroot into the directory, and get
>>    going right away.

  The point of my first post was to ask about licencing.  Regardless of
whether I'm sending out a bootable ISO, or a QEMU disk image, or a
tarred up chrootable directory, I'm re-distributing Open Source code
and/or binaries, which I assume requires appropriate pointers to where
they can be obtained.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes at waltdnes.org>