[CentOS] RAID questions

TE Dukes tdukes at palmettoshopper.com
Wed Feb 15 02:10:43 UTC 2017

SSD,
> and only mirroring his data drive.

Thanks!!

I'm only considering a SSD drive due to the lack of 3.5 drive space. I have
unused 5.25 bays but I'd have to get an adapter.

I probably don't need to go the RAID 10 route. I just need/would like some
kind of redundancy for backups. This is a home system but over the years due
to HD, mainboard, power supply failures, I have lost photos, etc, that can
never be replaced. Backing up gigabytes/terabytes of data to cloud storage
would be impractical due to bandwidth limitations.

Just looking for a solution better than what I have. A simple mirror is more
than I have now. I'd like to add another drive for redundancy and go from
there.

What should I do?

TIA