[CentOS] CentOS 7, systemd, NetworkMangler, oh, my

Chris Adams linux at cmadams.net
Wed Feb 15 13:54:00 UTC 2017

Once upon a time, Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com> said:
> DHCPv6 is really unusual.  IPv6 addressing and routing is set up
> almost entirely in the kernel, unless you're using static addresses.
> IPv6 is neither harder nor easier with NetworkManager, in my
> experience.

Not sure about the version in CentOS, but in Fedora, NM disables kernel
IPv6 autoconfiguration and "handles" it itself.  This means that when I
wake up my desktop from sleep, it can take 10-60 seconds to get working
IPv6 (vs. the second or so it took the kernel).  Progress...

--
Chris Adams <linux at cmadams.net>