[CentOS] mach64 driver, latest update in CentOS 6.8, symbol lookup error

Styma, Robert (Nokia - US) robert.styma at nokia.com
Wed Feb 15 22:54:16 UTC 2017

Hi Andy,
 I tried it but got the same error.  I am pretty sure I got the correct copy of the driver as can be seen in the log.   Interesting note, when rhgb was on during boot, the word CentOS 6.8 at the bottom right of the screen was orange instead of white.  I wonder if the kernel was aware of there being a custom driver.

I do appreciate the help.   While I have never written drivers, my experience with .so files indicates that they added something to the file which invokes the driver to reference xf86LinearVidMem which was never added to that driver.

yum  --disablerepo=\* --enablerepo=cms4all install  xorg-x11-drv-mach64
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, refresh-packagekit
Setting up Reinstall Process
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package xorg-x11-drv-mach64.i686 0:6.9.4-10.el6 will be reinstalled
--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

==============================================================================================================================================
 Package                                   Arch                       Version                             Repository                     Size
==============================================================================================================================================
Reinstalling:
 xorg-x11-drv-mach64                       i686                       6.9.4-10.el6                        cms4all                        69 k

Transaction Summary
==============================================================================================================================================
Reinstall     1 Package(s)

Total download size: 69 k
Installed size: 168 k
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
xorg-x11-drv-mach64-6.9.4-10.el6.i686.rpm                                                                              |  69 kB     00:00
Running rpm_check_debug
Running Transaction Test
Transaction Test Succeeded
Running Transaction
  Installing : xorg-x11-drv-mach64-6.9.4-10.el6.i686                                                                                      1/1
  Verifying  : xorg-x11-drv-mach64-6.9.4-10.el6.i686                                                                                      1/1

Installed:
  xorg-x11-drv-mach64.i686 0:6.9.4-10.el6

Complete!

[root at host yum.repos.d]# cat cms4all.repo
[cms4all]
name=cms4all
baseurl=http://centos.cms4all.org/repo/6/updates/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0
priority=1

I had to move an older production server and it had the same problem when I powered it on, so I opened the ticket.