[CentOS] Centos 7 httpd Permission problems with Postfixadmin

Robert Moskowitz

rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Feb 17 17:02:39 UTC 2017

More joy with Centos 7.

I am having permission problems with Postfixadmin. I am installing as I have in my notes I did in Centos6 and it is not working.

I untar Postfixadmin into /usr/share.  The owner is root:root (I even
tried root:apache).  My postfixadmin.conf file has:

alias /mailadmin /usr/share/postfixadmin
<Directory "/usr/share/postfixadmin">
         AllowOverride AuthConfig
</Directory>

And I get when I try fqdn/mailadmin

You don't have permission to access /mailadmin on this server.

When I google this message, I am getting that httpd is not allowing me
access.  I have even added:

allow from all

To the above .conf with no change.

This is not a SELInux problem as I tried 'setenforce 0' and still get the error.

It is as if there is some new security setting in httpd for files not in the www dir (default of /var/www/).

Any ideas?

thanks