[CentOS] Centos 7 httpd Permission problems with Postfixadmin

Pete Biggs pete at biggs.org.uk
Fri Feb 17 22:09:28 UTC 2017

> Thing is, I don't have an .htaccess file ANYWHERE on this system.  I
> checked.

If you don't have a .htaccess file, then why have the
AllowOverride directive in the .conf file?

Putting AllowOverride in means that every time apache retrieves a file
from that directory, *and every directory below*, it will look for a
.htaccess file in the current directory, and every directory above
(until it reaches the original directory). It doesn't cache the
information (because it can change), so it means a significant increase
in the amount of disk activity for each page. It also provides another
attack surface for naughty people.

So in general if you don't use, or intend to use, .htaccess files, then
don't put in the AllowOverride directive.

P.