[CentOS] getting files from a samsung flip phone

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Sat Feb 18 02:01:32 UTC 2017

On Fri, 17 Feb 2017, Joseph L. Casale wrote:

>> [root at localhost yum.repos.d]# mtp-detect
>> libmtp version: 1.0.1
>>
>> Listing raw device(s)
>>     No raw devices found.
>
> Does your phone have a usb setting for phone versus mtp mode?

I think it doesn't.
>From dmesg:
usb 2-2.4: USB disconnect, device number 10
usb 2-2.4: new full speed USB device number 11 using ehci_hcd
usb 2-2.4: New USB device found, idVendor=04e8, idProduct=6640
usb 2-2.4: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
usb 2-2.4: Product: Samsung SCH-u365
usb 2-2.4: Manufacturer: SAMSUNG Electronics Bo.,Ltd.
usb 2-2.4: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
cdc_acm 2-2.4:1.0: ttyACM0: USB ACM device
usb 2-2.4: USB disconnect, device number 11
[hennebry at localhost dev]$
googling SCH-u365 got me to
http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/SCH-U365HAAVZW-specs :
Connectivity
Features 	Bluetooth®; Bluetooth® Profiles, HFP, HSP, OPP, PBAP, SPP

No mtp unless it's going by an alias or I'm looking in the wrong place.

"Sorry but your password must contain an uppercase letter, a number,
a haiku, a gang sign, a heiroglyph, and the blood of a virgin."
                                                              --  someeecards