[CentOS] movie player vs. mp3

Michael Hennebry

hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Tue Feb 21 01:58:22 UTC 2017

I have movie player installed on centos 6.
When I try to play an mp3 file, it complains about the lack of a codec,
mpeg-1 something 3.
google hasn't helped.  What package do I need?
Trying to install ffmpeg gets me a no such package message.

I've dealt with codec issues before.
Mostly what I remember is that before I was done,
I wanted to kill something.

"Sorry but your password must contain an uppercase letter, a number,
a haiku, a gang sign, a heiroglyph, and the blood of a virgin."
                                                              --  someeecards