[CentOS] RHEL 8 speculation ???

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 09:06:09 UTC 2017

On 02/25/2017 12:20 AM, Alice Wonder wrote:
> I'm working on a major project bitcoin related and it would be
> frustrating to deploy a bunch of CentOS 7 virtual machines only to
> have 8 come out fairly soon afterwards.

I'd expect the release of RHEL 8 no less than 6 months after a beta was
released, and I haven't heard anything about a new beta release.  It's
probably not going to happen real soon.

Having said that, I didn't realize until how close RHEL 7 is getting to
the three-year mark.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a beta 6-12 months
from now, and a new release in 12-18 months.